- Discharge is advised by the treating consultant after the clinical round.
- Complete process takes 2-3 hours. However TPA (Cashless) patients may need longer time.
- The medical file are sent to the reception for clearance and then to the billing department.
- You may need to finalize your hospital accounts properly before leaving the organization.
- Before leaving the ward, patient is handed over with detailed discharge summary, which includes doctor's advice on their further follow-up treatment, daily routine diet, and medical prescription.
- In case the patient needs a medical certificate, he/she has to inform the doctor or nurse in advance so that it can be prepared before the patient's leaves.
- Discharge clearance - "No Dues Certificate" has to be collected from the Discharge Counter after completing the payment formalities.
- The Ward-in-Charge shall explain the discharge summary along with post - discharge advises specially medication, diet, next follow-up date etc.
- The doctors may give the patient an appointment for follow-up at the Speciality / Outpatient Clinic. If the patient needs to reschedule the outpatient appointment after discharge, they can feel free to contact the concerned doctor.
- After discharge, you can also contact our Pharmacy to purchase the advised medicines.
- When you leave, please make sure you take your belongings, valuables and X-rays home & also check the room and wardrobe thoroughly for your personal items.